Laser Ablation System
The HeartLight® Endoscopic Ablation System delivers focused laser energy to treat atrial fibrillation.
CardioFocus’s ablation system required updating to integrate new technologies and components to improve the overall performance, ease of use, and market assessment of the therapy. The client partnered with Minnetronix’ systems solutions experts to develop an updated “Integrated Cart” system for use in PMA clinical trials. In less than eighteen months, Minnetronix developed, prototyped, verified, and delivered devices and the required documentation, allowing CardioFocus to initiate PMA trials.
How Minnetronix Added Value
- Track record with complex medical device designs – Transformed a complex design into an intuitive, state-of-the-art technology
- Temperature management expertise – Balanced power and temperature requirements to run at broad-range of operating temperatures
- Electronics and fluids integration – Combined high-powered laser optics, endoscopic imaging, fluid pumping, pressure regulation, and power management systems into one unified system
- Software and electronics expertise – Leveraged in-house experts to deliver real-time, reliable communications between device and user
- Power management know-how – Designed power supply to support the various power requirements of the optical blocks