Expertise in complex fluids systems integration.
Integrating complex components into your customized solution.
Each project we tackle is unique, and bringing together complex components into a finished product that achieves the best medical and business outcome is absolutely critical.
- Motors and pumps
- Routing systems
- Control algorithms
Experience across the full spectrum of fluids forms and applications.
We understand that different fluids and gases, including biologics, have different dynamics and applications/patient implications. From flow and volume to fluid type, temperature and pressure, our deep understanding allows us to provide the desired performance.
Reliability across devices and clinical areas.
Drug & Therapy Delivery
- Nebulized medication delivery
- Infusion therapy
- Orbital atherectomy
Circulatory Support & Filtration
- Extracorporeal pump
- Intraperitoneal hyperthermia
- Bleed management
- Blood analysis
- Breath vapor analysis
- Wound healing
- Clot management
Neurapheresis™ Therapy Case Study
Careful control of fluid dynamics is required to maintain homeostasis of CSF during filtration.
- System requires tight control over pressure and flow
rates in order to avoid patient-threatening fluid and
- Filtration must balance pressure and flow to enable
removal of red blood cells without causing cells to
- Successful therapy requires understanding of clinical
interaction between user needs, patient impact and
Develop an automated fluid filtration system for safe removal of blood from the CSF.
- Developed a single use, disposable filtration circuit
and dual lumen intrathecal catheter to optimize safety
and rapid blood removal
- Developed multiple control algorithms to minimize
user interaction and optimize efficiency and safety of
- Developed a universal hardware architecture for
monitoring fluid and gas flows that is very portable to
- Created unique, proprietary control algorithms that
address safety, efficacy, troubleshooting and
Robust, Reliable Circulatory Support Case Study
Reliable operation of precision sensors and control loops across a wide range of temperature, vibration and EMI.
- Enable precise sensing in temperature extremes across aircraft, helicopter and ambulatory transportation modes
- Ensure life-critical functionality and reliability, including an intuitive GUI and high-visibility alarms
- Provide fail-safe motor control and operation during extreme EMI conditions
- Optimize electronics for prolonged battery operation
Combined low-power electronics with a ruggedized, transportable design.
- Combined mechanical and electrical expertise to optimize motor control and sensing within an elaborate control loop
- Designed a robust disposable interface to survive extreme vibration conditions while maintaining patient safety isolation and allowing for required cleaning
- Engineered the assembly for manufacturability and scale to improve usability while minimizing the device (bedside) footprint