Expertise and foresight from concept through commercialization.
A dedicated team, with deep knowledge in RF energy, extends your bandwidth and capabilities across the product lifecycle in an experience-based, cohesive process. Together we’ll identify what’s critical to your goals, and customize accordingly to get you to market faster, and better.
Relevant experience across energy types and clinical applications.
RF Energy Applications
- Nerve ablation
- Cardiac ablation
- Uterine fibroid ablation
- Spine surgery
- ENT surgery
- Irreversible electroporation
- Reversible electroporation for drug delivery and gene therapy
Energy Transmission and Navigation
- Transcutaneous Energy Transmission System (TETS)
- Implantable power
- Implantable sensor power
- Catheter and feeding tube placement
- Surgical and interventional navigation
Actionable predictive modeling improves real-world performance.
Our unique modeling capabilities help streamline development processes and predict product performance. Our proprietary lesion models accurately predict tissue response during application of RF energy.
RF Ablation Case Study
Combine RF ablation, intra-operative ultrasound, and EM navigation into a single system at a challenging price point.
- Device required careful component selection to achieve COGS target
- Legacy regulatory approvals created specific performance and design constraints
- Combining RF and EM navigation design elements in a small enclosure involved noise challenges
Use specific expertise and relevant experience for the optimal mix of novel technology and applied learnings.
- Leverages existing RF and EM navigation design elements for speed and efficiency
- Utilized specialized RF-specific supply chain for cost leverage
- Combining multiple technologies into the device increased overall system complexity while the user experience was simplified
Electromagnetic (EM) Navigation Case Study
Turn a first-generation system into a more reliable and marketable product.
- Manufacturability of design was paramount
- Software required optimization for reliability
- Supply chain needed to support scalability
Optimize each element of engineering and production with an eye on usability and value.
- Completed software architecture for reliable function in varying use cases
- Updated system against component obsolescence and mapped supply chain for flexibility and capacity
- Improved electromagnetic design and algorithms for better accuracy and real-time feedback
Electroporation Case Study
Energy and safety requirements for large molecule drug delivery aren’t suited for clinical environment.
- Peak power over 1200 volts
- Very rapid transitions from “off” to peak power: 5 microsecond rise, 15 microsecond fall
- Desire to add automatic and redundant safety mechanisms to human use units
Leverage electroporation experience and knowledge of high voltage systems to enable true clinical utility.
- Developed novel mechanism for very rapid energy drain
- Improved on a tissue resistance test to ensure safety parameters before energy application
- Added intra-therapy software monitoring to automatically truncate power delivery in fault conditions
- Enhanced user experience through lightweight and minimized footprint